It’s a lifestyle choice of simplicity, good health, and responsible decisions. It works for a household of 1, and just as easily for a growing family. In a nutshell: Live Well!
We have everything you need to get started, as well as advice, suggestions, and ideas.
So What is Suburban Homesteading?
It’s all of these, or only a few - you choose:
- Simple Living – Home is your oasis.
- Backyard Edibles – 1 tomato plant, or a raised bed to feed 4
- Organic choices – Fertilizers, plant care
- Birds, Bees, & Butterflies - Keep pollinators welcome, safe & productive
- Recycle & Re-Use
- Environmental Responsibility & Water Conservation
- Cooking, Canning, Sharing
If you can’t get outdoors, or simply choose to improve your home’s ‘airspace’ here is a great place to start.
Plants for clean air: (per NASA list)
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum)
- Spider Plant (Chlorophytum)
- Snake Plants (Sansevieria)
- Bamboo Palm (Chamaedorea seifrizzii)
- Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema)
- Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exalta)
- Ivy (Hedera helix)
- Corn Plant (Dracaena)